Friday, December 23, 2011

J's on my feet....OH YEA!



AlllllllllRIGHT! Clearly there are extremely opposing views on buying J's. Some say people that make a big deal about them are ignorant or irresponsible. The ones that are true fanatics of the shoe line defend it with a simple STFU! lol.

I don't stand on either side of the issue, my stance is on truth. The side that displays disdain towards the extra efforts in obtaining the shoes hold these views for a reason. I don't claim their views are 100% justifiable, but they at least have a great premise.

It is way more common for Blacks and Mexicans to participate in this "holiday," It is also just as common for Blacks and Mexicans to struggle financially compared to other races. It is common to see fresh J's on the feet of the financially challenged person, and more common to see dress shoes on the feet of the financially stable. Too often, we see people that are truly broke rocking the freshest pair of J's. No matter how you look at it, that is wrong.

My issue comes with the "down and out" complaining about how hard they have it, but they drop damn near $200 in one store for a pair of shoes. I have even more of an issue when people do it and negate their responsibilities. Hell drop your $200 and be broke, that's on you. But don't drop that $200 then can't handle your responsibilities to yourself and mainly your family.

I won't even speak on the crazy ish that occurred today. If anybody condones that, than you got a real problem.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. My centiments exactly!!!!
    Especially in my arena, (home based business) we talk to people that want to earn income form home, but "don't have money" for training, even if its to buy a book on financial education.

    People have money for what they really want.

    Guess some just put more importance on a stinkin shoe than on more profitable activities that will give them a chance to better thier financial bottom line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!! I don't get the hype behind them myself. I mean I enjoy expensive things also, but I definitely would not neglect my bills. Unless I can sleep, eat, and...(you know the third one lol) in those shoes they aren't worth it. And they DEFINITELY aren't worth a person losing their life. Ignorance.

    ReplyDelete